Information on the standards for Science can be found HERE.
Students in grades K-5 learn Science year-round through hands-on investigations using FOSS science kits (science materials, adoption year 2008-2009).
Information on following the scientific method can be found at the following links below.
Laurelwood Science Fair STEM
- Science Fair packets distributed to students by: January
- Student submits Question to classroom teacher no later than: February
- Teacher reviews and returns the Proposal forms no later than: February
- Completed STEM project (including board and notebook) presented to the homeroom class during the school day MARCH 28, 2017 and an evening event at 6:30 PM
- Students will take their projects home when Science Night is over (or the following day) unless selected for District Science Fair (DATE: MAY 10, 2017)
Families are encouraged to guide their child in creating an experiment based on your child’s interest and question. Please be cautioned that many “experiments” in resource books are often only demonstrations and not full experiments.